The process of registration of pilgrims for Shri Amarnathji Yatra 2015 has started. Please visit Board’s website:www.shriamarnathjishrine.com to know how to register through Group Registration Facility.
Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board chaired by the Governor, Jammu and Kashmir has issued following Dos and Don’ts for the Yatris:
Dos for the Yatris
1) Do carry sufficient woolen clothing as the temperature can sometimes abruptly fall to below 5 degree Celsius.
2) Do carry umbrella, wind shetter, raincoat, and waterproof shoes as the weather in the Yatra area is unpredictable.
3) Do keep your clothes and eatables in a suitable water proof bag to avoid your belongings getting wet.
4) Do keep in your pocket a note containing the name / address, mobile telephone number of any Yatri proceeding for Darshan on the same date as you are doing, for emergency purposes.
5) Do carry your identity card / driving license and Yatra Permit with you.
6) Do travel in a group along with porters / horses / ponies carrying your luggage.
7) Do ensure that all those comprising the group remain in your sight, lest you are separated from your group.
8) On your journey home, you must leave the Base Camps along with all other members of your group.
9) Do seek immediate assistance of the Police in case any member of your group is missing. Also have an announcement made on the Public Address System at the Yatra Camp.
10) Do help your fellow Yatris travelling with you and perform Yatra with a pious mind.
11) Do strictly follow the instructions issued by the Yatra Administration from time to time.
12) Earth, water, air, fire and sky are integral parts of Lord Shiva. Therefore do respect the environment and do nothing whatsoever to pollute the Yatra area.
Don’ts for the Yatris
1) Ladies must not wear saree while trekking during the Yatra. Salwar kameez, pant-shirt or a track suit will be more comfortable for them.
2) Ladies who are more than 6 weeks pregnant shall not be allowed to undertake the pilgrimage.
3) Children below 13 years in age and elderly persons above the age of 75 years shall not be permitted to undertake the pilgrimage.
4) Don’t stop at places which are marked by warning notices.
5) Don’t use slippers because there are steep rises and falls on the route to the Holy Cave. Only wear trekking shoes with laces.
6) Don’t attempt any short cuts on the route as doing so would be dangerous.
7) Don’t commence journey on an empty stomach (fasting). If you do so, you would be prone to attracting serious medical problems.
8) Don’t do anything during the entire Yatra which could cause pollution.
9) Don’t use polythene as its use is banned in J&K and is punishable under law.