Ministry of Railways has decided to modify some of the rules pertaining to purchase of tatkal tickets. Under the modified rules, there will be no need to furnish photocopy of proof of identity while booking Tatkal ticket from computerised reservation counter or to indicate its number at the time of booking of Tatkal ticket at the counter or through internet.
In addition, as per the proposed changes, in case of ticket booked under Tatkal scheme, one of the passengers has to produce anyone of the following proofs of identity in original during the journey, failing which all the passengers booked on that ticket will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly : –
- (i) Voter Photo Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- (ii) Passport
- (iii) PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department
- (iv) Driving Licence issued by RTO
- (v) Photocopy Identity Card having serial number issued by Central/State Government
- (vi) Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their Students
- (vii) Nationalised Bank Passbook with photograph
- (viii) Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
- (ix) Unique Identification Card “Aadar”
- Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations.