Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu flagged off/inaugurated the first Humsafar clan of trains through video conferencing from Rail Bhawan on December 16, 2016. He had announced in Rail Budget 2016-17 introduction of new type of trains called Humsafar Express. Humsafar train is a fully Air Conditioned 3 AC service having facility GPS based Passenger Information System, Passenger announcement System, fire and smoke detection and suppression system, CCTVs, comfortable seats, mobile and laptop charging points, integrated Braille display, LCD display above compartment doors in the aisle, Fire retardant curtains, etc.
Speaking on the occasion Prabhu, said that at the time of budget our Government decided to launch 4 new products viz, Humsafar, Antyodaya, UDAY and Tejas. Among these First Humsafar Express is launched today catering to Uttar Pradesh. Similarly Gatimaan Express, Mahamana Express were also first launched in Uttar Pradesh. This Humsafar Train has latest technologies like Vinyl wrapping, high quality curtains, Passenger information system which will enhance the user experience of travelling in this train. This train also has safety features like fire & smoke detection system and most of the parts are made of fire resistant materials. He also promised that Escalators will be installed in all the major Railways Stations on priority basis. He said that more Humsafar trains will be launched soon.
Humsafar coaches offer better facilities / amenities Aesthetically pleasing colour scheme with anti-graffiti coating and distinctive 3D numbering on the exterior.
- Pleasing interiors with attractive and colourfully co-ordinated seats, berths, partitions, curtains, improved/hygienic toilets, film type mirrors, etc.
- Deodorizer, Dustbins, Sleek bottle holders in the cabins
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) surveillance of the common areas of the coaches.
- Integrated Braille displays for the visually impaired.
- Hygienic lavatories with odour flushing system
- Global Positioning System (GPS)based Passenger information system
- Passenger announcement system
- Fire and Smoke detection system in the coaches.
- Fire detection and suppression system in the Power cars
- Equipped with Auto Vending Machine and Mini Pantry with Oven/Fridge
A total of 10 Humsafar trains have been announced by the Ministry of Railways in the new time table.
The fare structure of the train
Out of the total accommodation 10% of total accommodation shall be earmarked as tatkal quota. There is also provision for HO quota/duty pass quota. The first block of 50% after 10% tatkal and HO quota shall be booked on the base fare for Humsafar train and thereafter a 10% increase for every 10% increase in the passenger block for the remaining 50%.
Base dare of AC-3 Tier of Humsafar Train shall be 1.15 times of the base fare of AC-3 Tier superfast Mail/Express trains, which shall be applicable for the first passenger block of 50% and thereafter a 10% increase for every 10% increase in the passenger block for the remaining 50%. Fare of tatkal quota shall be 1.5 times of Humsafar basic fares. Other charges shall be levied separately.